- Overview of Requirements
- Advising and Registration
- Graduation Certification
- USM Core Policies (catalog)
- Transfer Credits and the USM Core
- AP and other credits and the Core
- Thematic Clusters
- Core Curriculum Committee
- USM Core -- For Faculty
- USM Core Learning Outcomes
- Lewiston Auburn College Common Core
Davis Educational Foundation Grant
Thanks to the generosity of the Davis Educational Foundation, USM has funding to support individual faculty and departments in their curricular work. Funding is available to support new course design, course revision, professional development related to innovative pedagogies, assessment, and much more. Contact Susan McWilliams for more information (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Direct support for new course development and course revision:
- CE, CI, SCA and SE, proposals: $500 professional development grant
- EISRC (Ethical Inquiry, Social Responsibility, and Citizenship): $1000 professional development grant. Departments which offer at least one section of their approved EISRC courses Spring 2012 through Spring 2014 are eligible for up to $500. Each approved EISRC course has access to $300 per section to support engaged student learning.
- Clusters: $200 professional development grants
- Capstones: $500 professional development grants
- International and Diversity courses: $200 professional development grants
- Entry Year Experience (EYE) courses: $1000 professional development grants. $500 to departments with faculty developing new EYE courses.
Departments submitting multiple proposals in multiple requirement areas are eligible for additional direct support. Additional support is also available for departments submitting proposals for multi-section courses. Contact Susan McWilliams for more information.
Additional funds are available to support faculty participation in an array of professional development opportunities related to innovative teaching and learning activities. Preference is given to those opportunities that involve engaged participation and which lead to concrete outcomes back on campus. All inquiries are welcome. Contact email@example.com.
The Davis Educational Foundation was established by Stanton and Elisabeth Davis after Mr. Davis's retirement as chairman of Shaw's Supermarkets, Inc.