- Successful completion of a bachelor’s degree
To earn a certificate, students must complete 75 percent of the required coursework at USM, and earn a grade of B (3.0) or better in each course.
Candidates should submit all application materials to the USM Office of Graduate Admissions, PO Box 9300, Portland, ME 04104-9300.
A complete application consists of:
- Application form (pdf) (this is NOT an online application)
- Nonrefundable processing fee of $25.00, payable to USM
- Official Transcripts or copies of official transcripts from all colleges and universities from which you received a degree
- Current Resume
- Personal Statement
- Teacher Credential Summary Form (pdf)
Your application is reviewed when all materials have been submitted. Please allow 4-6 weeks for processing and receiving the admission decision once an application is complete.
Acceptance to a certificate program does not constitute acceptance to a master’s or post-master’s certificate of advanced study program. Applications for degree status must be made under separate cover.