- Pathways - Find the USM Student Organization that is right for you!
- List of Student Organizations at USM
- USM Involvement and Student Organization Resources
- Student Health 101
- Update your Student Organization Contact Info!
- Register for the Student Organization Leadership Retreat!
- USM Summer Orientation
Gorham Fitness Center and Intramural Sports
The Costello Fitness Center located in the Costello Sports Complex on the USM Gorham Campus, is a state of the art facility designed to meet the needs of the University of Southern Maine students and staff, as well as the surrounding communities
- Costello Fitness Center: The fitness center is filled with state of the art fitness equipment that will satisfy both the experienced and inexperienced user. Treadmills, ellipticals, and other cardio equipment is complimented by selectorized, plate-loaded, and free weight strength training equipment.
- Multi-Purpose Studio: One multi-purpose studio is located on the second floor of the complex. The studio has a sound system, and wireless mic for instructors, and a variety of equipment including physioballs, bosuballs, kettlebells, and a full kickboxing gym. Group classes range from Zumba, Bootcamp, Step, Physioball, Kettlebell, Yoga, and many more. The room is also available for other pursuits such as Dance Club.
- Multi-Purpose Track & Courts: The multi-lane track surrounds four multi-purpose courts available for basketball, volleyball, and badminton, etc. These courts are also used for intramural floor hockey, and indoor soccer.
Staff and Contacts:
Coordinator of Fitness & Recreation: Robin HooseE-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.orgPhone Number: (207) 780-5042
Assistant coordinator of fitness & Recreation: Mark YorkE-mail Address: email@example.comPhone Number: (207) 780-5042
Intramural Sports offers annual programming for all students four days a week (Sunday-Wednesday). The seasons are split into quarters and the sports change based on popularity and interest. Students are encouraged to gather teams of friends, hall mates, or sign up as "free-agents" to form a team and make new friends.
While the events are competitive, good sportsmanship is required and the mission of our program is to give students a fun, exercise based break from the rigors of their busy class schedule. Whether you are female or male, a beginner or advanced, we have a spot for you.
For more information and to register a team, find us on Facebook or contact:
INTRAMURAL SPORTS INTERN: KAYLIE DEMILLO E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org MANAGER OF INTRAMURAL SPORTS: TOM GARDNER E-mail Address: email@example.com
- Campus Traditions
- Department of Residential Life and Resident Education
- Commuter Community
- Center for Sexuality and Gender Diversity
- Multicultural Student Affairs
- Veteran Resource Center
- USM Campus Saftey Project
- Recreation and Fitness
- The Free Press
- USM Athletics
- Community Service Learning
- USM Religious and Spiritual Life
- Student Success Center
- Health and Counseling
- Public Safety
- USM Alert