PLA Advanced Placement Examinations
Advanced Placement Credit at USM
Did you take an Advanced Placement course in high school? At the end of the course, did you take the examination developed by CollegeBoard, and administered by the Educational Testing Service? Did you earn a score of 3 or better? If so, congratulations! You are eligible for college credit at USM.
USM Equivalencies for AP Passing Scores
Learn the USM course equivalencies for your Advanced Placement exams with a score of 3 or better.
- AP equivalencies for USM students matriculated Fall 2011 or thereafter
- AP equivalencies for USM students matriculated prior to Fall 2011
- AP equivalencies for students admitted at Lewiston-Auburn College
Would You Like Your AP Scores to Earn Credit at USM?
PLA at USM must have an official score transcript from CollegeBoard® at ETS in order to evaluate your scores for college credit.
- If your scores are fewer than four years old, contact AP Services for your score report: AP Transcript Service, PO Box 6671, Princeton, NJ 05541-6671, or call 1-888-225-5427, or fax at (610) 290-8979.
- If your AP scores are more than four years old, complete the Archived AP Scores Request Form and submit the form with a $25 fee per transcript to the address on the form.
Be sure to request that your score transcript be sent to school code #3691 (USM) in care of:
Joyce Lapping, Director, Office for Prior Learning Assessment, University of Southern Maine, 100 Payson Smith Hall, 96 Falmouth Street, Portland, Maine 04104-9300
Post Your Credits to the USM Transcripts
Once USM has received your official AP score transcript, PLA will evaluate it and send you an e-mail with the total number of credits you have earned. Your credits will be automatically posted to your USM academic transcript. Please check MaineStreet periodically to be sure that your AP scores appear.