Thank you for your service!
Things to know:
- Application for Undergraduate Admission
- Application for Graduate Admission
- No application fee for veterans or active duty service members
- In state tuition rate for veterans and active duty service members (One of the following documents is necessary for eligibility: VA Certificate of Eligibility, DD-214 (Honorable Discharge), or a Military ID/CAC).
- $1599 monthly BAH rate for full time students
- Learn about our online programs at http://usm.maine.edu/online
Veterans Services at the University of Southern Maine (USM) serves veterans, servicemembers, and their families, who are accessing U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs educational benefits, often referred to as the GI Bill. Services are provided on all three campuses (Portland, Gorham and Lewiston/Auburn).
There are multiple chapters of the GI Bill and navigating the benefits process can be confusing. Transitioning from combat to the classroom can be a challenge, and USM Veterans Services is here to help.
For a complete walk-through of how to use your military benefits to attend school at USM, check out our Educational Benefits page.
Explore campus & community Resources for Veterans, Servicemembers, & Family Members on our Services page.
Use the Quick Links & Resources links in the right-hand column to get you where you need to go.
Have a question that wasn't answered on our site? Contact Us!