- Information for New Students
- Graduate Assistantships
- Teaching Assistantships
- Financial Support for Graduate Students
- Continuous Enrollment & GRS
- Forms for Graduate Faculty & Staff
- Graduate Student Government
- Graduate Studies Newsletters
- Workshop Materials & Handouts
- Resources for USM/UMaine Collaborative Ph.D. Students
- Graduate Student Thesis Guidelines
- Information for Graduate Faculty & Staff
Current GA Opportunities
There are currently no open positions.
Other Student Work Opportunities
Receiving a Graduate Assistantship
Students interested in Graduate Assistantships can pursue opportunities via two primary methods:
- by indicating their interest on Question 16 of their graduate school application.
- by following the application procedures established by individual graduate programs.
Returning students are not guaranteed their previous assistantships. Re-appointments, approved through the department’s or program’s normal processes, are made by previous funders.
To be eligible for a graduate assistantship position, students must be:
- Fully matriculated in a degree program at the graduate level. (They must have met all criteria for graduate student status, including completion of a baccalaureate degree); and must be
- Registered for at least 6 credits of coursework in the semester(s) in which they will be working (master’s and CAS students), or registered for GRS 602 (masters) or GRS 701 (doctoral) and have a certificate of satisfactory progress from their program.
Department Funded GA's and Externally Funded Graduate Assistantships
In addition to the program-awarded assistantships, there are addiitonal positions provided by administrative or academic units at USM. If you wish to be considered for these positions, send your resume to the Office of Graduate Studies. Information about these jobs will be forwarded to you as they become available.
If you have questions about graduate assistantships, please contact Rebecca Silverman: firstname.lastname@example.org or 780-4877.