Student advising is an important element of your success as a student. Advising can guide you to take the best courses for your ability level and to ensure you are progressing optimally toward your degree completion. ESP takes advising seriously!
- Each student in the department is automatically assigned an advisor upon declaring their major. (Students in a minor program or a certificate program also receive an advisor.)
- Students may change advisors based on career interests and preference.
- If you are a new student or need assistance in finding your advisor, contact Therese Martin at (207) 780-5390 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also stop by the ESP Office in 106 Bailey Hall, Gorham Campus.
- You are encouraged to stop by and check in with your advisor anytime. At a minimum, students must meet with their advisor once a semester during the official advising period prior to registration. During this meeting, you will discuss your progress, future goals, issues, and of course select upcoming courses for the next semester. Following the selection of courses and approval of your advisor, you will receive your PIN number, which will allow you to register.
- Be prepared! When you meet your advisor to select upcoming classes (Class Search), bring a completed ESP Student Registration Worksheet. To help you complete this form, be sure to consult the most current ESP Two-year Rotation List of courses.
- To chart your degree progress, be sure to use the ESP Curriculum Checklist that matches your matriculation year. Here is a copy of the current 2014-2015 Curriculum Checklist.
- All freshmen and sophomores must first meet with the ESP peer advisor to select a draft schedule prior to meeting with the advisor.