Taking an interdisciplinary and applied approach to understanding and solving problems arising from human/environment interactions.
The Department of Environmental Science & Policy (ESP) is an interdisciplinary unit offering a B.A. in Environmental Planning & Policy and a B.S. in Environmental Science. We have an accelerated program allowing students in the B.A. program to work towards a Master's degree in Policy, Planning, & Management. And we have a pathway leading to secondary science certification for people who want to become teachers.
Our curriculum prepares students for a variety of professional roles in the environmental field as well as for graduate school.
As an ESP student, you will:
- Participate in classes designed to be active, hands-on learning focusing on identifying and solving local and regional environmental problems.
- Receive a rigorous science and policy education foundation comprised of courses, laboratory training, fieldwork, and problem-solving experience.
- Learn to analyze environmental data and problems in the field and work with diverse community, government, and industry interests.
- Have professors who care about you and your career.
- Apply knowledge and skills to community environmental projects.
- Work with environmental professionals through our internship program.
- Develop a portfolio that can be shown to prospective employers and graduate schools.
- Become part of a community through our field immersion experience and student collaboration on projects.