University of Maine System Adult Degree Completion Scholarship Fund
One of the many challenges adults face as they return to college is financing their education. The University of Maine System now has an Adult Degree Completion Scholarship Fund to help Maine people complete their academic studies—which may have begun years ago, but were not completed for some reason.
These scholarships are for adult students returning to college after an absence of three years or more, who are completing their very first baccalaureate degree. This scholarship will be a continuing scholarship that recipients—including working adults—will be able to receive for up to four years.
There are three opportunities for students to apply: May 8, August 1 and December 1. Applications can be found here.
Applicants must meet the following criteria in order to receive the scholarship:
- Must be a matriculated student at a UMS institution seeking a first baccalaureate degree.
- Must be a resident of the state of Maine.
- Must be an undergraduate reentry student who has experienced a gap (three years or more) in the pursuit of post-secondary education at any institution. Students who returned to higher education beginning in Fall 2013 or more recently will be considered.
- Must demonstrate financial need as determined by a completed FAFSA and/or statement outlining ability to pay/financial resources available for education.
- Must be registered at least part time (6‐8 credits per semester (Fall and Spring) or 9‐12 credits total for the two semesters). Students enrolled in fewer credits will be considered on a case by case basis.
For questions about this scholarship, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.