We offer a range of support for faculty who integrate service-learning into their courses:
- community partner identificiation
- organization and support of projects
- reflection and assessment of service-learning, and
- the ability to track student service hours through our online reporting system
We also offer regular Community of Practice events where faculty practitioners of service-learning share experiences and insights about service-learning pedagogy. Check the events listing on our home page for upcoming opportunities to gather.
- Guide to Running a Service Learning Course
- Example Service-Learning Syllabi (organized by discipline)
- Publishing Outlets for Service-Learning and Community Based Research
- Campus Compact
- National Service-Learning Clearinghouse
Collected information about engaged work at USM is published annually in our year-end reports. Help us include your work and your students' service-learning work by completing the brief CBL Report at the end of each semester.
For more information about service-learning or to get support for your course please contact Craig DeForest, Program Manager of Service-Learning, at 228-8284 or email@example.com.