Classified staff scholarship application
The Classified Staff Senate Scholarship is available to all Classified Staff Members who work at least 20 hours per week for at least 10 months of the year. The purpose of the Scholarship Program is to support Classified Staff members in achieving their professional and personal goals. This means that scholarship funds may be used toward academic courses but also toward personal wellness and professional development programs. Additionally, scholarship funds are not reserved solely for tuition. Instead, scholarship funds can be used toward other costs associated with participation in the program such as university fees, transportation costs to and from program, child care costs to attend program or books and supplies for program. Please note that scholarship funds are paid directly to the school, program, vendor etc. They are not paid directly to the recipient.
The Classified Staff Senate is comprised of 16 current Classified Staff members who represent the classified staff on non-bargaining issues and to provide support with events and programs such as this scholarship.
Winners that fit the criteria will be chosen by our Scholarship Award Committee. The winner will be announced after the conclusion of the Senates November meeting.
1. The scholarship must be used for personal/educational enrichment. There are three categories requests should fall into: Education, wellness, and personal.
- Examples for Education include, but are not limited to – course tuition (both USM and other institutions), fees, and books
- Examples for Wellness activities include, but are not limited to – Weight loss programs, Smoking cessation programs, Stress management, and yoga
- Examples for Personal enrichment activities include, but are not limited to – Parenting classes, art courses, rock climbing course, knitting class
2. Scholarships funds will be paid directly to the school, program, vendor, etc. THEY ARE NOT PAID DIRECTLY TO THE RECIPIENT
3. Each Classified Staff member may only apply one time each drawing (drawing will be held once a year).
4. A person is only eligible to win once every five years.
5. Scholarships are non-transferable.
6. Scholarships can only be used for items purchased or completed between July 1, and June 30th of the current FY.
7. The scholarship will only be awarded for one activity – no balance will be held.
In submitting this application, I certify that the information provided is complete and accurate to the best of my knowledge. If requested, I agree to provide proof of the information I have given on this form. I understand that the information provided will be reviewed by the Classified Staff Senate in order to make an award determination. If selected as a scholarship recipient, I give the Classified Staff Senate permission to publish my name, scholarship amount and program of enrollment in Classified Staff Senate publications including but not limited to the CSS website, newsletter and email/mail distributions. (If you object to this last provision, just let us know)