Dr. David Pierson, associate professor of media studies and chair of the Department of Communication and Media Studies, presented a research paper titled, "AMC's Mad Men and the Politics of Nostalgia" at the Flashbacks 2012: Nostalgia and Mediated Forms of Nostalgia International Conference at the University of Geneva in Geneva, Switzerland on September 14th, 2012.
Communication and Media Studies Department
Dr. David Pierson Presents Research in Geneva
Now With No Prerequisites!
The following spring 2014 courses are offered with no prerequisites:
- CMS 102: Introduction to Communication
- CMS 103: Introduction to Media Studies
- CMS 284: Introduction to Cinema Studies
- CMS 288: History of International Cinema Since 1945
- CMS 298: Topics in Communication: Media, Culture, and Society
- CMS 320: Topics in Media Production (includes photojouralism & audio production II)
- CMS 330: Theories of Interpersonal Communication
- CMS 332: Communication in the Family
- CMS 390: Theories of Organizational Communication
- CMS 380: Film Genres: Horror
Additionally, CMS 330: Theories of Interpersonal Communication is offered during winter session.
If you have difficulty registering, contact Stephanie Towns.