- For STUDENTS
- For FACULTY
- For COMMUNITY PARTNERS
- CURRENT COMMUNITY NEEDS
- Community Service Learning EVENTS
- CIVIC MATTERS
- REPORT YOUR SERVICE
- COMMUNITY RESOURCES FOR STUDENTS
- 2011-2012 IMPACT REPORT
- Maine Campus Compact
- (National) Campus Compact
- National Service Learning Clearninghouse
- USM eRecruiting
Community Service Learning EVENTS
Service Learning Community of Practice
Friday September 21st noon to 1:30 PM, **Lee Hall Rm 133 Wishcamper, Portland. Discussion on service learning with Provost Stevenson and updates faculty recipients of the FUSION grant on integrating service learning into online and blended courses. Lunch will be provided to participants. RSVP email firstname.lastname@example.org
Service Learning Symposium: “Planning Projects Workshop”
Friday October 19th, 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM, Lee Hall Room 133 Wishcamper, Portland Campus
USM Faculty and Community Partners will come together to discuss opportunities to collaborate and being the planning projects process. This event will be facilitated by Maine Campus Compact Faculty Consultant Maryli Tiemann. Lunch will be provided to participants. For more information contact Molly Decleene at email@example.com
Register by clicking here>> Planning Projects Workshop Online Registration >>
4rd Annual Civic Matters
Friday November 16, 2012, 8:30 AM – 1 PM, Wishcamper Center , Portland
- · Faculty panel featuring authors of Special Edition of the journal Groupwork on service learning and civic engagement at USM.
- · Community conversation on service learning as a promising practice in supporting interdisciplinary approaches to learning, including faculty, students, staff and community partners, facilitated by Provost Stevenson.
- · Oral and Poster Presentations by USM faculty, students, staff and community partners. Click here to register online
Service Learning End of Semester Luncheon
Thursday December 13th Wishcamper 427
Reflections of service learning highlights from Fall 2012 and a opportunities to discuss plans for the Spring 2013 semester. Lunch will be provided to participants. Please encourage your students to attend.
For more information about any of these events, please contact Alicia Ines Ethridge, Service Learning Coordinator, Office of Community Service Learning, 228-8092 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2013 USM DAY OF SERVICE!
The 4th Annual USM Day of Service will take place on Friday, April 19th from 10am-4pm. All students, staff and facutly are welcome to join as we head out to serve the community. Contact Julia Pond at email@example.com if you are interested in helping us plan OR learn more by clicking below!Learn More