- For STUDENTS
- For FACULTY
- For COMMUNITY PARTNERS
- CURRENT COMMUNITY NEEDS
- Community Service Learning EVENTS
- CIVIC MATTERS
- REPORT YOUR SERVICE
- COMMUNITY RESOURCES FOR STUDENTS
- 2011-2012 IMPACT REPORT
- Maine Campus Compact
- (National) Campus Compact
- National Service Learning Clearninghouse
- USM eRecruiting
Why be a Mentor?
- Gain important experience in the community.
- Build a lasting relationship with your mentee that can enrich both of your lives.
- Enjoy sharing your interests with your mentee.
- Raise your mentee's academic aspirations by being a role model.
- It's not demanding, but the results are significant.
- It's rewarding...and fun!
How do I get started?
- Fill out an application.
- Have an in-person interview.
- Be matched with your mentee according to your shared interests.
- Meet weekly with a student at King Middle School or Portland High School.
- Let the memories begin!
"...mentoring can take a lot of stress out of life... I can really unwind and focus on having fun instead of thinking about homework... It's a really positive time for both sides!" -Chris, mentor to a middle school student
2013 USM DAY OF SERVICE!
The 4th Annual USM Day of Service will take place on Friday, April 19th from 10am-4pm. All students, staff and facutly are welcome to join as we head out to serve the community. Contact Julia Pond at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in helping us plan OR learn more by clicking below!Learn More