USM Laptop Payprint System
August 2015: Users must download and reinstall the printing client due to upgrades to our printers.
USM has updated its Laptop Payprint System. This allows students to send black and white print jobs wirelessly from their own laptops (Windows and OSX supported), and have the print charges automatically deducted from their USM Card account.
For printing in a computer lab or classroom:
- If you are a student please log in with your MaineStreet username and password (same as for Blackboard).
- If you have a guest card, please log in with your 16-digit card number as the username, and the last four digits of this same number as the password. (Your device must be registered and connected to tempest wireless network in order to utilize laptop printing.)
If you would like to check your card balance or add money to your account, please use the MyCard web application.
- To download and install the PaperCut PC Client program that allows you to print from your laptop the first time, please choose one of the following links:
You will want to save the file. You may get a warning that this program was downloaded from the internet and may be unsafe. The program has has been tested and will not harm your computer. It can easily removed later.
- Install the PC Client Application. This will install the lab PayPrint Printer on your computer. (Note that Mac computers must be rebooted before utilizing the client.) When you choose the "Print" option, you will need to select your university printer. The name of this printer will be displayed in a sticker on the printer. If you have enough money on your USM card, you will be able to print; if not you will get an error. If you are unsure about your card balance, use the above link to the MyCard app.
For problems with printing, please contact the HelpDesk 780-4029 or email email@example.com.
This new program does NOT show you your card balance when you print, unlike the previous PayPrint system.
- Glickman Library 2nd Floor
- Glickman Library 3rd Floor
- Gorham Learning Commons
- LAC Commons
- Law Library
- Luther Bonney Computer Lab
- Woodbury Campus Center
USM supports iPad printing at several locations on the Portland, Gorham, and LAC campuses. Please visit the iPad Printing section of the USM Computing Knowledge Base for instructions.