USM Laptop Payprint System
USM’s Laptop Payprint System allows students to send black and white print jobs wirelessly from their own laptops (Windows and macOS supported), and have the print charges automatically deducted from their USM Card account.
For printing in a computer lab or classroom:
- If you are a student, please log in with your MaineStreet username and password (same as for Blackboard).
- If you have a guest card, please log in with your 16-digit card number as the username, and the last four digits of this same number as the password. (Your device must be registered and connected to the Tempest wireless network in order to utilize laptop printing. Printing while connected to the MaineEDU-Guest wireless network is not supported.)
If you would like to check your card balance or add money to your account, please use the MyCard web application.
To download and install the PaperCut PC Client program that allows you to print from your laptop the first time, please choose one of the following links:
- Windows Paper Cut Download
- MacOS Paper Cut Printing Instructions for USM
- MacOS Paper Cut Printing Instructions for School of Law
You will want to save the file. PC users may get a warning that this program was downloaded from the internet and may be unsafe. The program has has been tested and will not harm your computer. It can easily removed later.
Before opening the program the first time, Mac users may first have to select the PC Client program, hold down the Control key, press the mouse or trackpad and choose "Open" from the pop-up menu.
Once the PaperCut PCClient program is installed, when you choose the "Print" option, you will need to select your university printer. If you have enough money on your USM card, you will be able to print; if not you will get an error. If you are unsure about your card balance, use the above link to the MyCard app.
For problems with printing, please contact the HelpDesk 780-4029 or email email@example.com.
This program does NOT show you your card balance when you print. Your money is stored in a secure location, and when you print, it is pulled from that location. No sensitive data is shared. You can check your card balance and payment for printing on the MyCard website.
Printer Locations (USM Only)
- Gorham Campus
- Gorham Learning Commons, room 120
- John Mitchell Center
- Lewiston Campus
- LAC Commons
- Portland Campus
- Glickman Library 2nd floor
- Glickman Library 3rd floor
- Luther Bonney lobby
- Luther Bonney computer lab
- Woodbury Campus Center