What is a Blackboard Link?
Two or more Blackboard courses may have their enrollment combined. One course must be primary. Student enrollment from both the primary and linked courses will appear in the primary course.
To request that your Blackboad courses be linked, log in to the USM Computing Request Tracker (RT) with your UMaine System credentials. This is the same username and password you use to log in to Blackboard and MaineStreet. You will receive email confirmation of the request. The progress of your request will be tracked in the Computing request system.
If you request a course link for a course that has someone else listed as the Instructor, please be certain to explain in the Notes, and provide the Instructor's email address. We must get that Instructor's permission.
We must have the 5 digit Course ID numbers( what used to be called the CRN). In some cases, the leading 0 will be missing.
We must have the course catalog information, i.e., ENG 101, Intro. Comp.
Having the correct information allows us to complete the request promptly and accurately.
- Please use the "Describe the issue" field for any additional Notes.
- Courses links are generally created 2 weeks before the start of a term, which is approximately when Blackboard courses are populated with student enrollment.
- You can develop course content in the primary course as soon as the course is in Blackboard.
- The primary course is the only one that should be set Available.
- Blackboard courses not set Available will not be populated with student enrollment.
- Fall 2011 = 121, Spring 2012 =122, Summer 2012=123
Courses that are associated in Mainestreet — such as multiple locations of a course offered over video — do not need this request. If you have questions, please contact the Computing Help Desk at 780-4029, or firstname.lastname@example.org.