Dongbei University of Finance and Economics Study Abroad Scholarship
Confucius Institute Headquarters has launched a Confucius Institute Scholarship program to sponsor foreign students, scholars, and Chinese language teachers to study Chinese at universities in China.
Students of the Confucius Institute at USM are invited to apply for the scholarship program hosted by our partner university, Dongbei University of Finance and Economics (DUFE). DUFE is offering one-year grants and one-semester grants, and available majors include Chinese Language and Literature, Chinese History, and Chinese Philosophy.
- Open to all current and former students of the Confucius Institute at USM
- Completion of at least 3 months of class or 40 class periods is required
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens in good health, aged 16-35
- See below for minimum HSK scores. Those who have not taken the HSK may present scores from other Chinese proficiency exams or must demonstrate equivalent Chinese proficiency.
|Grant Type||One Semester||One Year|
|Minimum HSK Score||120 (Level 3)||180 (Level 3)|
|Minimum HSKK Score||40 (Primary Level)||60 (Primary Level)|
How to Apply
- Complete and submit the USM Confucius Institute Scholarship Application Form.
- Go to the Confucius Institute Scholarship website and set up an individual account.
- Choose the host university by scrolling down to the Liaoning Province (辽宁) section, then selecting Dongbei Unviersity of Finance and Economics (东北财经大学).
- Complete and submit the Confucius Institute Scholarship Application Form.
For grant terms beginning Spring and Fall 2015, schedule TBA.