Welcome to the Counselor Education Program. A good beginning can set the stage for an enjoyable experience and the proper ending. The New Student Orientation is designed to set the stage for a quality graduate school exprience for you.
The orientation is an opportunity for us to provide new students with some resources that might help maximize their experience as a student at USM. We have an outstanding department that has a reputation for quality programs, superior students, and a group of faculty and staff who really enjoy working with one another...and with you.
We want you to feel a part of the USM community--and especially the School of Education and Human Development and the Department of Counseling, Adult & Higher Education--and hope you will take advantage of the many opportunities offered throughout the campus. We also hope this information will assist you as you embark upon your graduate school experience so that you feel informed and connected to what's going on. So, once again, welcome...and let us know if there is something we can do to enhance your role as a learner here.
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Support (Support for Students with Disabilities
- Academic Support (Writing at USM)
- Admissions Reply Form
- Activating Your University E-mail Account
- Class Search Tutorial
- Graduate Studies New Student Information
- Immunization Requirements
- Maps, Directions and Parking
- New to USM handout
- Professional Associations
- Scholarships & Financial Aid
- Student Accounts Tutorial (Accessing MaineStreet, Blackboard, etc.)
- Student Handbook
- The 7 Habits of a Highly Effective Graduate Student
- Program Forms
- Program Planning Sheet
More resources are available from the program's website. Please create some time to thoroughly explore the our web pages!