There are several sources of information important to faculty in the College of Science, Technology and Health. To access the most current information, links are provided to the actual source of the information.
To request additional faculty / staff resources on this page, please send a message to email@example.com .
This handout may be given to visitors and used for various purposes for an overview of the college. It would be advisable to download a fresh copy each time it is needed to include the latest changes. Please send notice of errors and corrections to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Photography Consent Form
This form is used to obtain permission from individuals that have been photographed in order to use the material in university or school publications (print and web). Download the form, complete the line that indicates the department requesting the form, and provide separate mailing instructions as appropriate. Send completed forms to Marion Snyder (119A Masterton Hall, Portland campus) along with the name of the event where the photos were taken.
Human Resources Information and Forms
The most accurate and updated human resources information can be found at:
- http://usm.maine.edu/hrs/human-resources-forms (USM Human Resouces Forms page)
- http://usm.maine.edu/provost/faculty-resource-page (USM Provost's Faculty Personnel Actions Templates and Guidelines page)
For additional assistance with HR-related questions, please contact Susan Taylor, the CSTH HR liaison, at (207) 780-4133 or email@example.com.
Recommendation for Graduate Assistantship
Recommendations for Graduate Assistantships need to be signed by the Department chair and sent to the Office of Graduate Studies. An account number and appropriate signature are required from each unit supporting the assistantship.
Travel vouchers covering travel expenses should be completed and submitted to the approving authority within 5 days after returning from a trip. Travel vouchers for travel occurring during the month of June must be submitted by June 30th.
USM Travel Voucher (Excel) can be found at:
Travel Request/Advance Form
This form is used to request travel and/or a travel advance. Please send a copy with authorized signature(s) to Marion Snyder, Masterton Hall, Portland campus.
- This form is not needed if any other college internal request form is used.
- Please do use this form if you are traveling to cities with a higher meal rate.
USM Travel Request/Advance information can be found at:
Request for Professional Development Financial Support
The request for Professional Development Financial Support needs to be signed by the Department Chair or your immediate supervisor before sending to Marion Snyder (Masterton Hall, Portland campus) when requesting financial support.
Request form - PDF version (.pdf)
Request form - Word version (.docx)
Receiving monetary gifts
Gifts made to the University must be deposited to the appropriate gift account, generally managed in the dean's office with the Dean's liason to Advancement and Donor Services. Please work with Alison Hinson (firstname.lastname@example.org) on the receipt of all monetary gifts.
Receiving gifts other than money
1. Consideration must be given to how much the gift of equipment or material property will cost the department, school or university to accept, maintain, keep or dispose of.
2. Approval must be received from the director of the unit which will bear the burden of managing the gift, department chair, dean, provost, Office of Finance and Administration (Dick Campbell), or the Board of Trustees in the case of real estate.
3. Donor determines the value of the gift. We may assist if we have access to a recognized source of reference to fair market value.
4. Write a letter of thanks which includes a description of the gift and its approximate value which was determined by the donor. Confirm in the letter that we have received the gift.
5. Send copies of this acknowledgment letter and any other back up material to the Office of the Dean, and to Vicki LaQuerre Advancement and Donor Services, 622 Law (P).
John Mitchell Lecture Series
The John Mitchell Lecture Series is an endowed fund that is intended to support annual lectures relevant to the School of Applied Science, Engineering, and Technology.
Applying for support from the John Mitchell lecture fund.
To request additional faculty / staff resources on this page, please send a message to email@example.com.