Blackboard & Adobe Connect Integration
The free Adobe Connect building block has been tested and approved for use in Blackboard. As a result, the building block was made available on October 12, 2012. Please refer to the following instructions that will cover instructor setup and access, and student access.
**All users are able to access Adobe Connect from Blackboard, but in order to create and host meetings you need to have a 'Host' account established with Adobe Connect. Please refer to the licensing info found on the Adobe Connect main page for full details. This tool is licensed for use through the University of Maine System.**
1. The course tool is NOT enabled by default. Instructors need to navigate to their course control panel > customization > tool availability.
2. You must then check the box for Adobe Connect and click Submit.
3. The tool is now enabled for use in the course. To access, it will be found under the control panel > course tools.
4. With the tool enabled, you can now create a New Meeting for the course. This gives you the ability to create a meeting outside of your Adobe Connect account at http://meet.maine.edu, and allows for instant linking to your course.
5. Enter your meeting details (name is required).
6. If you wish to have a custom URL, you can enter the text into the field or leave blank for a system-generated URL.
7. The access type is important to choose correctly. Students will NOT be able to see the meeting room if you choose 'Anyone who has the link' - choose 'Only registered users...'.
8. You then need to select the users who you want to be able to access the room from Blackboard. You can choose all users or limit the meeting room to a specific set. Highlight the appropriate name and click the right facing arrow to add them to the participant list. Click Submit when done.
9. You have successfully setup the meeting room! You can enter the room by clicking on the linked title.
1. Students access the meeting room directly from the created link in the course. Click on Tools from the course menu and then choose Adobe Connect.
2. Students are then prompted to enter their username and password. This is the same as their Blackboard username and password.
3. Once authenticated, students can enter the room by clicking on the linked title.
Please refer to the Adobe Connect main page for support and guides.