Blackboard Course Copy
Copy content from your previous course site in Blackboard 9
- Go to your old site on the Blackboard 9 server (http://courses.maine.edu), select Control Panel > Packages and Utilities > Course Copy.
- Make sure that Copy Course Materials to an Existing Course is selected in the Select Copy type menu.
- Click Browse to show a list of all of your Blackboard 9 courses. Click the radio button to the left of the course to which you want to copy your materials. Click Submit.
- Select the content that you want to copy. Be sure to include Settings if you customized the course menu and other features of the course. Do not include Enrollments. Click Submit. You'll see a confirmation. It may take some time for your content to be copied, depending on the size of your previous site. (NOTE: This can take anywhere from 3 minutes to 3 hours depending on server usage at the time. If you are not patient and copy the content again, you will have duplicate content in the course. BE PATIENT!!)
- Your content will appear in the new course site.
- That’s it. You should see your course materials in your new site within minutes.
You may have some duplicated course menu links which you can remove by selecting Delete from the drop-down menu to right of each link that you want to remove. Be sure you delete the content areas with no content (indicated by a gray box next to the name)
If you remove the Home Page, Announcements should be to default entry point. To check or change this, go to the Control Panel > Customization > Style then select Announcements in the drop-down menu for Course Entry point (section 4 of the screen). Click Submit.
If you copy your Discussion Board forums, all postings from your previous course will also be copied. You can delete these by opening each forum, clicking the check box as indicated below, then clicking Delete.
A note about Home Pages in Blackboard 9. The Blackboard Home page is the entry point for Blackboard itself, where users can access all courses and organizations in which they are enrolled. The course Home Page is the default entry point in a course. Both levels of Home Page have items that are user-editable and linked to features that you may or may not use. If you prefer to remove the course Home Page and use Announcements as the course entry point, select Delete from the drop-down menu on the right of the Home Page link. If you prefer using the course Home Page, do not remove it.