Blackboard Mobile Learn
The University of Maine system implemented a limited, no cost version of the Blackboard Mobile Learn app last winter which was available to Sprint customers and iOS device users over wifi.
As of September 17, Blackboard changed their distribution model to a personal licensing option and updated their application to make it available to all devices. As a result, it is NO LONGER FREE of charge. The cost is $1.99 for a one-year license OR a one-time fee of $5.99. (Note: the one-time fee assumes continued use of the same mobile platform. The license is not transferable from iOS to Android and vice-versa.)
To download, please visit:
1. iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/blackboard-mobile-learn/id376413870?mt=8
2. Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.blackboard.android&hl=en
3. Blackberry: https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/11214/
4. Palm: visit the HP App catalog on your device and search for "blackboard mobile learn"
After installation, launch the device and search for "University of Maine System". You will then login to Blackboard as normal and be prompted to choose a licensing option -- one-time or one-year.
For more information of what is accessible to instructors and students through the app, please visit: http://www.blackboard.com/Platforms/Mobile/Products/Mobile-Learn.aspx
- Current feature not available - mobile tests: this will be enabled for use after the Mobile Learn building block (connection between UMS Blackboard and the app) is upgraded. It is currently in testing for approval.
For a full breakdown of functionality, please refer to the feature guide and app guide below.
**As a reminder, any web-enabled mobile device can still access Blackboard through the browser if your device does not have the app.**