Grading discussion forums has become simplified with the latest release. In order to grade a forum, follow these simple steps:
1. Enter the discussion forum by clicking on the topic title.
2. In the yellow banner, click on the 'Grade Forum' button.
3. When in the 'Grade Discussion Forum Users' screen, you will see each student and their participation by number of posts. Click on the 'Grade' button on the far right of the window.
4. Forum posts will now be displayed for each student. To display all contributors who have posted, click on the 'Show All' button under the Contributors field.
5. With all contributors showing, you will have a good sense of how many students completed forum posts as required. To grade, click on the 'Edit Grade' button found under the Forum Grade field.
6. Enter the students grade value out of the total and insert any feedback to the student.
To offer feedback for the benefit of the entire class, click reply and post to the thread.
To leave comments for this student's eyes only, use the feedback box.
Remember to click 'Save Grade' when done!
Repeat these steps to complete for the next student. You can access the student by clicking on the linked name or using the back/forward arrows.
If you have any questions, please contact the USM Help Desk (780-4029 or email@example.com) for support.