On February 4 and March 4, 2017, CTEL partnered with School of Education faculty and staff to identify integration challenges between pedagogy and technology in synchronous blended courses. Attendees worked collaboratively to apply concepts presented during the workshop and developed strategies to address them.
The Overall Outcomes included:
- Establish a shared language around technology integration.
- Evaluate the efficacy of existing integrations.
- Compare these evaluations with overall program goals
- Replace ineffective integrations with new ones that properly reinforce instructor/program goals.
- Explore new teaching methods and models, and new uses for existing tools.
Co-facilitator and Learning Designer Damien Michaud, PhD says, “The faculty were incredibly engaged and excited. They were able to apply new theories, concepts and approaches to their teaching practice. It is so rewarding to work with such talented, devoted faculty.”