Thank you for checking out the Disability Services Center here at USM. We are so pleased you are considering making USM your University of choice. USM offers a strong and vibrant learning and living community providing students the opportunity to explore and a place to thrive. The Disability Services Center (DSC) is here to make certain that you have equal opportunity to access all that our University has to offer.
DSC serves approximately 300 students and provides a variety of services. DSC offers a place for all students to come between classes to study, do their homework, eat their lunch or quiz one another with our in-house trivial pursuit collection. We strive to create a comfortable and welcoming environment for students and encourage ongoing dialogue with the University community.
Follow these links to learn more about how to register with the DSC and get some tips on making a smooth transition into post secondary education.
- Register with DSC
- Transition Tips - More Tips (University of Washington)
- Students with Disabilities Preparing for Postsecondary Education: Know Your Rights and Responsibilities
- An Overview of IDEA and Section 504
- AHEAD.org - Disability Services in Higher Education
- AC Online: Making College Affordable - A Guide for Students with Disabilities