EAST provides Internships for college and high school students in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM), including Computer Science, Engineering, Biology, Environmental Science, Physics, Linguistics, Chemistry, Geosciences, Psychology, Mathematics and Technology. The EAST internship program provides hourly pay to students majoring in STEM majors at USM or considering STEM careers, to help them gain experience in STEM by working with a professor, teacher, or STEM professional.
Undergraduate students majoring in STEM at USM, students at other institutions of higher education who may be interested in attending USM, and high school students who may be interested in attending USM are eligible to apply. Students must be in good standing in their major field of study. High school students must be a rising senior.
- An average of 10 hours per week per semester of supervised internship work
- Final Summary of internship work
- Photographic documentation
- Participation in EAST evaluation activities, including pre- and post-internship surveys
- Possible participation in Responsible Conduct of Research training
How to Apply
For more information, contact contact Lynn Lovewell, EAST Director at (207) 780-5449, email@example.com.
Applications are accepted on an on-going basis.
The following application materials are required:
- Internship Application Checklist
- Internship Application
- Agreement to Fulfill Program Requirements form, signed by student and by supervisor
- Letter of recommendation
- Copy of current transcript
Click one of these items for Internship Application forms: