Your gifts, whatever the size, are a vote of confidence in the University of Southern Maine and the Department of Economics – affording us the flexibility to meet the Department’s most urgent needs. With your participation, economics students can reap the benefits of generous scholarships, engaging internships and service learning, innovative teaching pedagogies, and programs of study that provide a solid foundation for many careers and for graduate school. The economics baccalaureate degree is a marketable liberal arts degree and one that is highly valued in an increasingly competitive global market place.
Your gift to the Department of Economics scholarship fund and/or unrestricted Economics gift fund assists in areas of need such as:
- Increased economics student scholarships
- Integration of emerging learning technologies for the classroom
- Community-based partnerships of student service-learning through classroom-linked exposure to careers and problems
- New faculty research and curriculum development support for active collaborative student learning
- Meeting demands for new substantive programs development
The University of Southern Maine was again named “A Best College in the Northeast” according to the nationally known education services company, The Princeton Review. Through the University’s range of giving opportunities you can make a difference in a student’s future. Given that public tuition revenue covers but a fraction of the cost of providing the student with a high-quality education, annual giving, planned giving, endowments, and educational fundraising campaign contributions allow friends and alums to support our students and programs in substantive ways.
We thank you for your generous support of the USM experience. To make a contribution, you may conveniently and securely complete your USM Department of Economics gift transaction online.