The Office of Educator Preparation is responsible for:
- Leading USM faculty in strategic educator preparation program planning at the undergraduate and graduate levels;
- Fostering the conceptual framework, core values and core practices of USM educator preparation programs;
- Managing the educator preparation assessment system;
- Collaborating with the Director of the Southern Maine Partnership and educator preparation program faculty to develop and maintain educator preparation partnerships;
- Coordinating state program approval for professional educator preparation and national accreditation for teacher education, including the analysis, synthesis and dissemination of data for state and national reports;
- Representing USM educator preparation in state and national projects and initiatives.
Educator Preparation serves as liaison to Maine Department of education's offices of Certification and Higher Education on matters pertaining to certification and program approval requirements and advises program faculty as needed for compliance with state regulations.