To help with accrediitation and program improvement, the School of Education & Human Development has implemented Tk20. Tk20 is USM's web-based, assessment management and reporting system for all students in Educator Preparation pathways. This site has been developed in order to provide support to students and faculty using the Tk20 system.
Subscriptions are required. Your one-time, $103 payment will purchase an individual subscription that lasts 20 years - well into your teaching career. Here are some ways a Tk20 account will benefit you:
1. You can create and store your coursework in an electronic gallery of artifacts. Keeping your work for all of your courses can be difficult. Between the never-ending piles of paper and the bazillion electronic files you have scattered across one, two (or six) flash drives, staying organized can be a beast. Don’t worry. We’re here to help. Once you save an artifact in Tk20, it will be in your account forever.
2. You can see your progress in your program of study. You know your time is valuable. We think so, too. With our advising feature, you can track your progress throughout your time in your program of study. You’ll never have to guess if you’ve met your program’s criteria, because you will be able to check your progress in your Tk20 account!
3. You will have a fully documented record of your field experience and clinical practice. At some point, you will need to show proof of your hands-on experience in the field. Keeping track of your time logs, assessments, observations, and lesson plans can seem daunting. Let us do the organizing for you! Our field experience feature records all of your field experience information, so you can easily retrieve the information when gearing up for an interview after graduation.
4. You can create an electronic portfolio to share with faculty and potential employers. Potential employers tend to grow bored with reviewing boring resumes. After a while, they all seem to look the same. We think you should shake things up a bit. Tk20 allows you to create your own electronic portfolio to document your professional growth, field experience, transcripts, and assessments. Even better, you can share this portfolio with potential employers with a link for easy access.
- USM Login Portal: http://usmmaine.tk20.com
- How to Create a Free Admission Application Account in Tk20
- Tk20 Subscription
- Tk20 Student Orientation 9-27-13
- Mentors/Supervisors/Cohort Coordinators
- Tk20 at USM Newsletters