What is Tk20?
Tk20 is a comprehensive online data management and reporting system that allows students to be active participants in multiple areas of their college experience including course assignments, field-experience, capturing and sharing of meaningful assessment data and career portfolio management.
All undergraduate and graduate students who matriculate into an educator preparation program or pathway at USM are required to subscribe to Tk20. Your one-time subscription fee of $103 must be made during the first semester of program or pathway matriculation.
Here are some ways a Tk20 account will benefit you:
1. You can create and submit key assignments online.
2. You can store your coursework in an electronic gallery of artifacts. Once you save an artifact in Tk20, it will be in your account a long time. Your subscription lasts 20 years - well into your teaching career.
3. You will have a fully documented record of your field experience and clinical practice. At some point, you will need to show proof of your hands-on experience in the field. Our field experience feature records all of your field experience information, so you can easily retrieve the information when gearing up for an interview after graduation.
4. You can create an electronic portfolio to share with faculty and potential employers. Tk20 allows you to create your own electronic portfolio to document your professional growth, field experience, transcripts, and assessments. Even better, you can share this portfolio with potential employers with a link for easy access.
If students at any time need help with their Tk20 account, contact Colleen Pleau, Tk20 Unit Administrator,
- USM Login Portal: http://usmmaine.tk20.com
- How to Complete a Free Admission Application in Tk20
- How to Purchase a Tk20 Subscription
- How to Complete a Tk20 Entry Application