Research studies demonstrate that racial diversity of students in schools leads to significant educational benefits including:
· improvements in cognitive abilities, critical thinking, and self-confidence,
· promoting cross-racial understanding and reduction of prejudice,
· promoting civic engagement and skills needed for leadership,
· improved classroom environments.
Maine now has the ability to capitalize on these possibilities with the growth of racial diversity in our schools.
- Wabanaki Connections
- Penobscot Nation Cultural & Historic Preservation
- Center for African Heritage
 Brief for American Educational Research Association, et al. as Amici Curiae Supporting Respondents, Fisher v. University of Texas at Austin, No. 11-345 (argued October 10, 2012).