The presentation should highlight the major sections of your written ESP Internship Report. The presentation should be in Microsoft PowerPoint, 12-15 minutes long, and should follow the suggested format below:
- Title (1 slide): Your name, the host organization, and your job title.
- Introduction (1 slide): Mission statement or background of the host organization.
- Objective of Internship (1 slide)
- Methods, Skills, and Technology (3 to 4 slides)
- Results (3 to 4 slides)
- Conclusion (1 to 2 slides)
- Graphics (1 to 5 slides): Include photographs of you working in the field, maps, report covers, diagrams, and other photographs as necessary to augment your presentation.
- You are strongly encouraged to practice your presentation. A clear and smooth presentation is more effective and better appreciated.
- Practice the timing of the presentation in PowerPoint by selecting Slide Show, Rehearse Timing function.
- Record your practice presentations with a tape or video recorder to review and correct, if necessary, your presentation
- Focus on the content rather than the graphics: animation, cartoons, sound effects, and other special effects detract away from your message.
- Maintain eye contact with the audience and speak in a clear, loud voice.
- Be prepared for questions.
- Providing materials or handouts applicable to your internship are welcomed additions to a presentation.
- Because this is a professional style colloquium, students are expected to dress in standard business attire.