WW-RBF Fellowship Eligiblity
The Fellowship program seeks to expand the pool of outstanding candidates to teaching in urban and rural schools by recruiting exceptionally able Arts and Sciences majors for whom teaching is a new career option. A qualified applicant should:
- be a person of color (African American/Black, Asian, Hispanic, Latino(a), Native American) in his/her senior year of undergraduate preparation;
- be nominated by an eligible nominating institution;
- demonstrate a commitment to the program and its goals;
- have U.S. citizenship or permanent residency;
- expect to attain a bachelor’s degree by June 30, 2011;
- have substantial background in the arts and sciences and high academic performance with a cumulative undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale (negotiable for applicants from institutions that do not employ a 4.0 GPA scale);
- are not currently in a teacher preparation program which leads to initial teacher certification.
Please click here to view the fellowship eligibility guidelines.