Maximum Semesters of Eligibility for Pell Grant Awards
What has happened?
- Beginning with Summer 2012, all students are now limited to 12 semesters, or 600%, of Pell Grant Eligibility during their lifetime
- Change affects all students regardless of when or where they received their first Pell Grant
Can I see my Lifetime Pell Grant Used?
- Yes, you may view your Pell Grant used by logging into the National Student Loan Data System, at NSLDS.gov
How is the percentage used calculated?
- Percentages are based off the annual award at fulltime enrollment status
- For Example: Students who attended 12 or more credits in two semesters (Fall and Spring for example), the percentage used for the academic year is 100%. If you only attended 9 credits for two semesters, your percentage used for the academic year is 75%.
Whether you have used all of your Pell Grant eligibility or only half, please be conscious about the lifetime limit of the Pell Grant when changing majors and/or scheduling classes