The USM Foundation ensures the success of USM as a Metropolitan University through philanthropy and community engagement. We are a nimble and response partner that helps USM achieve its goals and vision more quickly than it could otherwise.
We do meaningful work that makes a difference in the lives of USM students. Our students are often the first in their family to go to college, adults in and out of the workforce, newly arrived immigrants, struggling financially, people who have tried college before but left short of graduation, and veterans who have served our nation.
The Foundation is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors who have full autonomy and ownership for the organizations governance, strategy and activities. The Foundation is also responsible for directing and supervising all Advancement efforts for USM.
- We are student centered. We constantly ask "What do our students deserve from us?"
- We serve. We serve the students, faculty and staff of USM to bring resources so they can do all the great things they do. We also serve the present and future needs of our community and our workforce.
- We innovate. We look for new and innovative approaches, partnerships and solutions to tackle the issues facing USM and its students, our workforce and our community at large.
- We engage. We engage alumni, business and community leaders, philanthropists and other stakeholders, connecting them to USM to meaningfully invest their time, skill and resources.
- When we serve, innovate and engage, with students at the center, its shows how we care.