The 2011/12 Board of Directors' annual retreat, was held November 21, 2011. The Board constructed the following vision for the Collection in 2016:
By 2016, the Franco-American Collection:
- Is well known by a wide spectrum of people as the best resource for Franco-American history, culture, literature and music. The collection is busy and the activities are well attended.
- Is a leader in building collaborations with related organizations.
- Is well known for its exhibits at the collection, its travelling exhibits as well as its major themed exhibits.
- Has highly visible and inviting space in connection with Lewiston Auburn College with room for exhibits and larger reading room and archival space.
- Has a vibrant, engaged scholar doing research, teaching, publishing and programming.
- Has a strong, stable endowment, a regular donor base and is actively pursues any available grants and can support a full time director.
Learn more about the Collection.
Giving to the Collection
The operation of the Franco-American Collection, its educational programs and the preservation of its materials are dependent on your generosity.
Find out more about giving to the Collection through the University of Southern Maine.
Please select "specific College/school funds", followed by "other", and specifiy "Franco-American Collection" to direct your donation correctly.Learn More