Good advising is key to a timely degree and helps you choose courses that both fulfill your requirements and meet your interests. Make sure you read through the Advising Process document for details. Advisors are assigned once you declare the major of Geography-Anthropology. You can choose a faculty member or we can assign an advisor for you. Please call 780-5321 to find out who your advisor is or to change advisors.
(For degree candidates only)
- As soon as the course schedule for a particular semester is available, make an appointment with your advisor. This is crucial!
- When meeting with your advisor, make sure you are given a PIN. This number is required for you to be able to register using Mainestreet, or it can be used instead of an advisor's signature if you prefer to register in person. Before you leave your meeting, make sure you have your PIN or the signature of your advisor on a worksheet.
Geography-Anthropology Core and Major Course Checklists:
- Cultural & Natural Heritage Management Specialization
- Sustainable Cultures & Communities Specialization
- Applied GIS & Geospatial Specialization
- Anthropology Concentration - Old Care
- Anthropology Concentration - New Core
- Geography Concentration - Old Core
- Geography Concentration - New Core
Other relevant advising information and forms:
- Spring 2016 GYA Course Schedule
- Course Research Paper or Project Approval for Majors
- Geography-Anthropology, GYA 400 Independent Study Approval Form
- Geography-Anthropology, GYA 350 Internship Approval form
- GIS Certificate Enrollment Form
- GEO 438/638 - GIS Independent Study Approval Form
- GEO 448/648 - GIS Internship Approval Form