Hourly Hiring Checklist
Your primary contact for all search matters is Michelle Nadeau (780-5629, FAX 780-5136).
- Obtain approval for position through the Position Justification Process.
- Email job description to Michelle for approval.
- Michelle will post and/or advertise according to Contract requirements.
- Search Committee must review the "tool kit" outlining their roles and responsibilities. Discuss Candidate Rating Process and develop Individual and Comparative Rating Sheets. Email Michelle the names of those serving on the committee.
- All materials are handled electronically. Person providing administrative support should review "Managing Electronic Files".
- Prior to doing phone interviews, email to Michelle the Summary of Applications and list of those you want to interview. If you are not interviewing those with the highest scores, please provide explanation. Semi finalists must be approved before you phone interview. If your pool is small you may skip to campus interviews, Step 6.
- Prior to doing campus interviews, email Michelle the updated Summary of Applications with phone interview scores (if applicable) and highlight those you want to bring to campus.
- Do reference checks. These can also be done earlier in the process (for instance, to help narrow down your pool of applicants).
- Email Michelle the final Summary of Applications with campus interview and reference check scores. Provide a summary of your process to choose the finalist.
- Once the finalist has verbally accepted, notify Michelle of hire date and date of birth and include the "Application for Employment". These pieces of information are needed to produce the appointment letter.
- Send final "rejection" letters to all unsuccessful applicants.
- All search-related materials must be submitted to Employment Services where they will be stored for the requisite 3 years. Amanda will contact you about the process for submitting the files.