Welcome to the University of Southern Maine! We look forward to meeting you in late August. We understand that you may be excited and anxious about your trip to Maine so we have put together the following information to help you prepare for your arrival.
We have designed this page for both incoming international and national exchange students so not all topics may be useful to every student. If we have not answered your question please use the form at the bottom of the page to submit it. Remember that other students probably have the same question as you so don't be shy.
- What can I expect when I enter the US?
- When should I arrive?
- How do I get to the University of Southern Maine?
- Where will I live?
- What is the difference between Portland and Gorham?
- When and how will I register for classes?
- How will I pay my bill?
- Do I really need health insurance?
- What are immunizations and do I need them?
- What is Maine like?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Orientation Schedule for students living on campus in the dorms
- Orientation Schedule for students living off campus
- Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Submit your own question using our convenient online web form.