This scholarship was established at the University of Southern Maine in 2010 with initial pledges from Androscoggin Bank, Auburn Savings Bank and Mechanic Savings Bank to match gifts from citizens of Androscoggin County. The scholarships will support students attending Lewiston-Auburn College who live in Androscoggin County.
This scholarship is awarded to one student for a total of $4,000, with $1,000 awarded each year for four years.
The first $1,000 will be awarded for the current academic year which began September 2012.
- Awarded based on demonstrated financial need (based on FAFSA)
- Must reside in Androscoggin County.
- The recipient must be a part-time or full-time incoming freshman or transfer student from a regionally accredited institution of higher education. "Incoming" means being accepted and enrolled in Fall 2012 classes
- Pursuing first baccalaureate degree in a Lewiston-Auburn College major
- Incoming freshman must have a minimum of a B average from high school. Transfer students must have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Submit essay (300-500 words) stating how this scholarship will benefit your educational goals
- Recipients will be expected to help promote this scholarship to future applicants
- Scholarship is automatically renewable for three years as long recipient remains enrolled at least part-time and maintains minimum GPA of 3.0
Deadline to apply for this scholarship is October 12, 2012.