This scholarship was established at the University of Southern Maine in 2010 with initial pledges from Androscoggin Bank, Auburn Savings Bank and Mechanic Savings Bank to match gifts from the citizens of Androscoggin County. This scholarship will support students attending Lewiston-Auburn College.
This is a renewable scholarship up to a maximum of four years.
- Must be a part-time or full-time incoming freshman or transfer student from a regionally accredited institution of higher education, who is a resident of Androscoggin County pursuing his/her first baccalaureate degree in a Lewiston-Auburn College major.
- Incoming freshman must have a B average from high school.
- Transfer students must have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Will be awarded based on financial need determined by completing FAFSA.
- Recipient will be expected to participate in events and activities at Lewiston-Auburn College and represent the college in the community.
- Complete a 300-500 word essay explaining: What will receipt of the scholarship do for you personally and what effect will it have on your contribution to society? Attach essay to application.
- Complete application which can be found here.
- Submit essay and application no later than February 21, 2014.
Questions? Contact Jim Bradley, Staff Associate, Student Success Center, (207) 753-6618 or email@example.com