USM LAC Email Information List Submission Guidelines & Policies
1. Events must be sponsored by or related to one of the following:
- an officially recognized department or unit
- a recognized, registered or sponsored student group
- authorized student government units
- a sponsored departmental or campus organization.
2. Personal and non-University related events are not appropriate submissions to the list. Events should take place on USM's Lewiston-Auburn campus. If the event takes place off of University property it must be directly related to one of the criteria in section 1. (For example, a student group officially recognized by the University may be holding a fundrasier off campus).
USM also has a broader email information list that anyone may subscribe and post to.USM-L usually contains information on what events and activities are happening on the Gorham and Portland campuses. (Please contact the USM Helpdesk for more information about signing up for USM-L)
3. Please submit events two weeks prior to the date of the event. The Web Publisher will attempt to post all events, but posting is not guaranteed.
4. USM LAC reserves the right to delete and/or edit event listings if they do not meet the criteria mentioned above or violate local, state, or federal law or University of Southern Maine campus regulations.
5. All fields must be completed on the event submission form, except those marked "optional."
6. USM LAC is not responsible for the accuracy of any information submitted by groups or individuals. It is the responsibility of the person or group submitting the information to ensure that information provided is accurate and update it if the event information changes.
7. All events submitted by recognized student groups will appear on the USM LAC information list and will also appear (if appropriate) on the campus events calendar.
8. Please be advised that list announcements are made once a week (Fridays, unless a holiday). The USM LAC Web Publisher may use discretion in posting outside the usual publishing schedule. There may be times when the campus needs to communicate important information outside the usual Friday posting schedule. Please keep this publishing schedule in mind when submitting items for posting and plan accordingly.
For more information or questions regarding submitting events or notices to the USM LAC information list please contact the web publisher.
USM LAC Orientation
Orientation is a very important first step for accepted students to prepare for their first semester on campus. We encourage all accepted students to come to orientation and get ready to embark upon a great undergraduate experience at USM!