BS in Integrative Professional Studies
Leadership Studies graduates have many career options. For example, they work as Community Developers, Unit Supervisors, Project Managers, Executive Directors, Philanthropists, and Airline Administrators in organizations as varied as the Bell Manufacturing, Lewiston-Auburn Economic Growth Council, SYNERNET, National Semiconductor, Wright Express, Central Maine Medical Center, FaithWorks, and the International Red Cross, to name just a few.
The Integrative Professional Studies major is intended to meet the needs of transfer students who have a variety of academic backgrounds, employment experience, and career aspirations. Students in the program complete their degrees through a combination of LOS courses, transfer credits, and prior learning assessment.
This program may be completed face-to-face, fully online, or in a combinaton of the two. For more information about the fully online option, contact Ashley Collins at email@example.com. For more information about our other options, contact Janet Etzel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requirements for students pursuing this major are:
- The completion of at least 120 credits.
- Satisfaction of the 30 credit hours residency requirement for USM.
- Satisfaction of the general education requirements of USM.
- Completion of at least 18 credits in the LOS curriculum while matriculated at USM-LAC.
- Completion of at least 36 credit hours that satisfy the LOS curriculum requirements (can include prior learning assessment credits and credits transferred into the LOS curriculum which meet professional studies criteria).
Students selecting this major work closely with advisors to facilitate transfer credit, prior learning assessment, and course selection.