After a 20+ year career in international business - including living and working in Europe and Japan - in 1999, Mike launched his own consulting practice, Pathfinder Consulting. Through Pathfinder, Mike serves as an organizational consultant, executive coach, author, and public speaker.
Mike has also been affiliated with the well-known Maine company, L.L. Bean. Mike joined L.L. Bean in 1990, and has continued to serve in many capacities at the company, including Manager of International Retail Operations, Manager of Product Support Services, Sea Kayak Instructor, leadership development consultant, and in his current capacity of Manager, Customer Experience and Outdoor Discovery School at the newest store in Columbus, Ohio.
Mike serves as an adjunct instructor of business and organizational leadership courses at Southern New Hampshire University, Thomas College, and the University of Southern Maine. Mike’s coursework at these universities aligns with his coaching and workshop themes:
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- Leading Change
- Leading & Managing Nonprofit Organizations
- Organizational Leadership
- Responsible Organizational Leadership & Sustainability
- International Business
- International Marketing
- Leading Different Cultures
Mike’s client list includes, among others: L.L. Bean, Fairchild Semiconductor, Honeywell, IDEXX, Parkview Hospital, Central Maine Medical Center, Delhaize/Hannaford, North Yarmouth Academy, Shore Point Technology, Maine Bankers Association, Institute of Internal Auditors (Maine Chapter), AmeriCorps VISTA, Target.
Mike’s professional work experience includes:
- Assistant Executive Director of the Ohio Export Council (non-profit international business association)
- President of the Maine World Trade Association (non-profit international business association)
- Owner, Naylor-Davis International Limited (for-profit international business consulting practice)
- Director of Operations for two smaller Maine businesses (one in advertising/marketing and another in freight forwarding/customs house brokering)
- Manager at L.L. Bean (for-profit outdoor retailer)
- Owner, Pathfinder Consulting
Mike is a 1st generation college graduate, born on a family farm in Ohio.
Mike has lived in Maine for the past 30 years, where he enjoys many outdoor activities with his two children (Brady, 21, and a 3rd year student at the University of Maine studying Business Management in their Honors Program; and, Ali-Ann, 14, and a homeschooled 8th grade student). Mike is currently on a short-term assignment as a manager/leader in L.L. Bean’s newest retail store in Columbus, Ohio.