- Snack size food is permitted in the library. Meal-size food is only permitted in designated Glickman Café areas and in designated areas during scheduled social events.
- All patrons are expected to dispose of containers and other trash in the trash receptacles provided. Please respect your surroundings and help keep the libraries clean.
- The consumption of beverages (covered containers are strongly encouraged) is allowed at desks, carrels, tables, and reading areas. Containers must be covered near computers, photocopiers and other equipment.
- Food and beverages are prohibited in the Osher Map Library and the Special Collections Department.
- Alcohol possession and consumption is not allowed in the library, except when authorized at university events. In this instance, the alcohol must remain within the event space.