There are a number of group study rooms at USM Libraries. Each room is a privately enclosed space, allowing for groups to work together without disturbing other library patrons. Library patrons can use any of these rooms to study in groups or to work collaboratively on projects.
Group Study rooms will be reservable by USM Students, Faculty and Staff using OpenRoom
Group Study Room Policies
- Group Study Rooms can be reserved online for up to a maximum of 3 hours.
- Groups are limited to one reservation per day. Multiple individuals in a group are not permitted to make multiple reservations in a day.
- Reservations can be made up to three weeks in advance.
- A Group is defined as three or more individuals.
- Group Study Rooms are for priority use by current USM students. Others wishing to use or reserve a Group Study Room should inquire at a service desk.
- Individuals, two people and small groups are welcome to work together in the Learning Commons and throughout the Glickman Library. The Glickman Library Seventh Floor Reading Room and Second Floor of Gorham Library Learning Commons are designated Quiet Study spaces.
- A group that is more than 15 minutes late forfeits their reservation. Likewise if less than 3 individuals of the group are not present the reservation maybe forfeited.
- Individuals who misuse the Group Study Room reservation system may be permanently blocked from making reservations.