Thomas V. Bucci was born in Providence, Rhode Island. During his time in the service, he served as the conductor of the 40th Division Army Band. He is a graduate of the New England Conservatory of Music with a B.M. in Music Education and an M.M. in Piano Performance. Some of his teachers included Felix Fox, Anna Stoval Lothian, and Howard Goding, who is the chairman of the piano department at New England Conservatory of Music. He conducted bands and orchestras for many years as the Music Supervisor for the City of Portland. Bucci has appeared as a soloist with the Portland Symphony Orchestra as well as on numerous television shows, jazz recordings, and with orchestras backing up such stars as Bob Hope, Rich Little, Danny Kaye, Pat Boone and others.
Bucci is currently a member of the applied piano faculty at the University of Southern Maine, having also taught orchestration and theory, and appearing in concerts. He is active witht he state Music Educators Association, having judged and accompanied the "All State Chorus"for over 20 years, and numerous other activities. He is currently listed in such publications as "Who's Who in Rhode Island Jazz" and "Maine Composers and Their Music."
Commissioned works by Thomas Bucci include Quintet for Brass and Electronic Tape by the Rhode Island Philharmonic Brass Quintet, and a choral piece, Yesterday, Today and Forever by the First Congregational Church on Meeing House Hill. A woodwind quintet with electronic tape was performed at Kennedy Center in Washington, D.C. in a program of American Music from the states.
- Concertante for viola and piano. Young World Publications.
- Suite for Three Trumpets. Edition Musicus
- Sing Joyfully to God. SATB Music 70 Publications
- Dinner Anyone. SATB Edition Musicus
- 1. Pitato Vegetable Chowder
- 2. Harlequin Salad
- 3. Turkey
- 4. Coffee Parfait
- Italian Folk Fantasy for full orchestra. Wynn/Music Publications
- Mass SATB and full orchestra. Edition Musicus (Premiered by USM Chorale)
- Four Longfellow Poems for Chorus and Orchestra. Voice of the Rockies Publishers.