About the Training?
- Primer of evidence based practices in corrections
- Orientation to elements of strong correctional programs
- Overview of Maine DOC’s Preferred Provider List program
Who should attend?
- Program directors
- Lead clinicians and others who have decision making authority regarding program development and improvement
What's in it for me and my agency?
- Free, high quality staff training with refreshments
- Networking with colleagues at DOC and across Maine
- Potential inclusion on Maine DOC’s preferred provider list resulting in new referrals
- Practical opportunities to reflect on your program’s strengths and opportunities
- Ability to demonstrate evidence based practices and performance based outcomes for requests for proposals to be issued by Maine Department of Corrections
What steps does my agency/program need to take?
- Attend Evidence Based Practices with Correctional Clients at USM or UMO
- Complete online program self assessment with USM Muskie School’s Justice Policy Program within 30 days of conference
- Work with program recommendations to submit Program Improvement Plan to DOC
Erica King, MSW is a Policy Associate the University of Southern Maine’s Muskie School of Public Service and a Senior Associate with Orbis Partners.. Ms. King works with organizations in Maine, the United States and Canada to evaluate correctional programs, provide training and technical assistance, and design organizational and workforce development strategies around the implementation of evidence based, gender-informed practices . She is the co-author of Connecting to the community: a case study in women’s resettlement needs and experiences. In Sheehan, R., McIvor, G. & Trotter, C. (Eds.) Working with Women Offenders in the Community (2010). New York: Willan Publishing.