Summer Information Sessions:
Learn more about the Muskie School's Public Policy and Management program!
Realize your career goals and equip yourself with the knowledge and skills to make a difference. Meet Carolyn Ball, associate professor of public policy and management, and learn more about:
- Our Master's in Public Policy and Management program
- Flexible course offerings, including evening, distance, and online courses
- Opportunities to earn a Certificate of Graduate Study in social policy analysis, applied research and evaluation methods, public management, or nonprofit management
- Career prospects for our graduates, and more
Check out dates and times of our upcoming informations sessions:
- Mon, 06/10/2013 - 12:00pm - 1:00pm
- Mon, 06/10/2013 - 3:30pm - 4:30pm
- Wed, 07/10/2013 - 12:00pm - 1:00pm
- Wed, 07/10/2013 - 3:30pm - 4:30pm
- Mon, 08/12/2013 - 12:00pm - 1:00pm
- Mon, 08/12/2013 - 3:30pm - 4:30pm
Distance Ed Courses for Fall 2013
The Muskie School’s Public Policy & Management (PPM) program will offer 9 courses for distance students in the Fall 2013 semester, from foundational coursework in public policy to classes focusing on finance, human resources, and strategic planning. The full range of courses is listed below.
The PPM program also will launch a completely online Certificate of Graduate Study in Public Management, which is aimed at professionals working in government who wish to further develop their competenencies and take their public service careers to the next level.
Using a variety of delivery methods, including Adobe Connect, Blackboard, and videoconferencing to distance sites, PPM is creating new ways for students to advance within their career without the commute.
Distance courses for Fall 2013:
- PPM 533: State Administration and Policy (distance sites)
- PPM 601: Applied Statistics for Management and Policy (Adobe Connect)
- PPM 610: Foundations of Public Policy (Adobe Connect)
- PPM 614: Public Service Ethics (Adobe Connect)
- PPM 620: Intro to Policy Analysis (Adobe Connect/distance sites)
- PPM 623: Risk and Public Policy (Adobe Connect)
- PPM 632: Human Resource Management (online)
- PPM 633: Strategic Planning in the Public and Nonprofit Sectors (distance sites)
- PPM 640: Public Finance and Budgeting (online)