USM Art Department
Minor in Book Arts
See Program Requirements.
The minimum number of art and art history credits (exclusive of the University's Core curriculum) required for the minor: 21
The minor consists of the following:
Studio Art Foundation select two courses (6 credits)
- ART 141 Surface, Space, Time (2D)
- ART 142 Surface, Space, Time (3D)
- ART 151 Fundamentals of Perceptual Drawing
Art History Course (3 credits)
- ARH 112 Art History: Renaissance to the Present
Upper Level Courses (12 credits)
- ART 241 The Visual Book: Form and Content
Select two courses from:
- ART 341 The Visual Book: Historical Influences on Contemporary Artist's Books
- ART 342 Book Arts at Stone House (may be taken numerous times)
- ART 344 New Media Artist's Books
Required Advanced Studio:
- ART 441 The Visual Book 3: Advanced Studio in Book Arts
USM FACULTY & ALUMNI INVITATIONAL
January 22-March 1
Art Gallery, Gorham Campus
Opening Reception: Thursday, Jan. 22 from 5-7 p.m.
Artist Talks 5:30-6:30 p.m.
Free and open to the public.
Above: Sarah Baldwin '11, waves_Lake KezarLearn More