- School of Music Audition Information
- Audition Information Request Form
- Join our e-mail list
- Make a donation
- Events Calendar
- Music Box Office
- Press Room
- Photo Gallery
- Performance Opportunities for University Music Students
- USM Youth Ensembles
- USM Summer Youth Music and Theatre Camps - Registration opens February 1 at 9 a.m.
- Watch and Listen
School of Music
Minor in Music (Bachelor of Arts)
This minor program is designed to provide an opportunity for candidates working toward the bachelor of arts degree who demonstrate interest and ability to continue music studies at the undergraduate level.
The minor consists of MUT 100 Music Theory and Aural Skills 1, one of the Music CORE history requirements (MUH 105, MUH 222, or MUH 223) and 13 credits of music electives, excluding MUS 100 and MUS 110. At least six of these credits must be taken at USM.
Applied music fees, to a maximum of eight credit hours, will be subsidized by the University provided that the student demonstrates adequate proficiency.
Admission to degree programs in music including the minor is based on the following criteria:
- performance audition;
- a test of aural comprehension, rhythmic recitation, and sight singing; and
- a diagnostic written test of music fundamentals, including intervals, scales, chords, and key signatures.